Compounding Team Leader
Come bond with us! We are looking for a new addition to join our forward-thinking team to lead the compounding team to produce high quality products and facilitating the team towards achieving KPI’s. A strong individual who can lead the compounding team ensuring the best utilisation of manpower, find the right balance between being hands on with compounding as well as managing and leading and effective, efficient team, generating high moral and maintaining high standards at all times. The role would suit someone who has previously worked in a busy manufacturing environment and has previous leadership experience.
Our innovative products are used all over the world within construction, transport and aerospace sectors. We have decades of experience and technical expertise within bonding, sealants and adhesives industries.
Forgeway culture is built on our values:
• Passionate, conscientious and disciplined
• Smart with innovation
• Respect for our community and it’s ethos
• Humility with gratitude
• Play by the rules
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Continuous learning and development
If these values are also important to you…read on!
- To lead an effective team on a daily basis to ensure deadlines are met and high standards are maintained at all times.
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager, planning the delivery of the manufacturing schedule, escalating any issues as required in a timely manner
- Plan, manage and control work of team members, communicating daily to ensure all members know what the days key priorities.
- Ensure all people management/HR procedures are followed for sickness certificates, conducting return to work interviews highlighting areas for team development & training opportunities
- Deliver in depth training programmes to ensure all new starters are inducted into the compounding team. Responsible for checking that regular maintenance is carried out to prevent avoidable issues occurring, which could affect daily operations.
- Ensure the team maintains and cleans machines before and after each shift
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
The skills you will bring…
• Enjoys being part of a hard-working team environment and working to daily deadlines;
• Previous experience within manufacturing;
• Passionate, conscientious and disciplined with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
• Positive and personable attitude;
• Dedicated to continuous learning and development;
• Good spoken and written communication skills;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent time keeping;
What we offer…
• We are committed to development opportunities for all of our team members
• A fast-paced environment in a growing company
• Company sick pay
• Free eye test
• Free ‘deli’ style lunch
For a full job description, list of responsibilities and ideal skill set, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.