Are you fed up of dreading Mondays?
Do you want to flourish your inner leader and be rewarded for hard work?
Fancy contributing to a company that is innovative and ambitious?
If yes is the answer to any of these questions, we’re looking for you.
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Job type: Full time, permanent (Monday to Friday)
Experience: Manufacturing and forklift experience desirable, but not required
Established in 1995, Forgeway is a family business that has grown to become a global leader in the manufacturing of adhesives and sealants. Thanks to our focus on developing our people and our products, we offer unrivalled advanced technology adhesives, with a market knowledge and experience to back it up.
Forgeway is a family firm at it’s commercial best – the flexibility of a conscientious and disciplines “can do” attitude along with the stability of a long-term outlook. We understand the true value of people and have the ethos that a business is only as good as the people within it.
Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Have a good eye for accuracy and attention to detail? Take pride in self-motivation?
Our daily culture revolves around our core values here at Forgeway, we’re looking for someone who not only contributes to overall company success, but someone who agrees with our values and want’s to grow with us.
- Passionate, conscientious, and disciplined.
- Smart with innovation
- Respect for our community and it’s ethos
- Humility with gratitude
- Play by the rules
- Positive can-do attitude
- Continuous learning and development
The role covers the whole scope of the manufacturing process with specific emphasis on ‘offline’ pre-weighing and preparation of raw materials. We’re looking for someone who is focused, can ensure daily schedules are achieved with a high level of attention to detail. Overall, this role will support our operations team to achieve customer expectations and help deliver the business growth and vision.
– Excellent attention to detail
– Good sense of production timing
– Production priority scheduling
– Experience/understanding of the theory of constraints (desirable)
– Comfortable making decisions to improve production efficiencies
– Flexible with hours (desirable)
- To accurately locate, dispense, weigh and measure key raw materials ‘offline’ in small quantities ready for batch formulation
- Can follow and create pre-defined formulas in the correct sequence
- Taking full responsibility of end of day batch completion
- Follow and complete BOM paperwork and process instructions
- Operate machinery following SOPs
- Maintain and clean machinery before and after each batch
- Calibrate machinery at the beginning of the shift where necessary and recalibrate at the end of the shift if necessary
- Take care of both your own health and safety and that of others who might be impacted
- Follow all compliance, safety and quality systems we have in place
- Raise concerns and report on any incidents and always ensure the working environment is hazard-free
- Suggest improvements where necessary and take initiative to implement when approved
- Ensure the manufacturing area is always “audit ready”
- Ensure all works order paperwork and process instructions are followed in detail and filled in to help ensure full traceability
- Understand and use the Formweigh material weighing system
- Help facilitate good communication and co-ordination between departments
- Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to liaise between senior management and production operators
- Development and progression opportunities
- One on one coaching/personal development plan
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- Pension contributions
- Bonus schemes and incentives
- Company sick pay
- Free eye test
TO APPLY: Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting “Production Compounding Leader”