By using this website, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions which govern FORGEWAY’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term “FORGEWAY” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website. Its registered office is: FORGEWAY, Collett Way, Brunel Road Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4PH, United Kingdom. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
Any content found on this website is for general information and use only and is subject to change without notice.
Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Any information or materials found on this website are used entirely at your own. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by, or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any reproduction of these materials is prohibited.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by these terms and conditions of use. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, this website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Any dispute arising out of the use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will be secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may collect the following information about you: name and job title; contact information including email address; other demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons: internal record keeping; to improve our products and services; to periodically send you promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting by using the email address that you have provided.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small administration fee will be payable upon application. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Company Administrator, FORGEWAY, Collett Way, Brunel Road Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4PH, United Kingdom. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, or incomplete, please write to us as at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st December 2010.
Replacing the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018. Under this Act Forgeway has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
Our commitment to your privacy
We collect your personal data when you:
- Ask questions or leave us feedback, including your email address if you send an email to us.
- Interact with us on social media.
- Register with us to download information or sign-up to our newsletter.
- Choose to complete any surveys we send you.
This helps us to:
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you have asked us to.
- Provide you with information about our products and services if you want it.
You can send us your feedback directly using the enquiry form on our website. We do not pass on any of your personal information outside our company when dealing with your enquiry. We will not use any information you supply for any other purpose without first obtaining your permission. Any details stored in our tracking system are archived after we have dealt with your enquiry and erased after 24 months.
When asking for your personal information, we will:
- Make sure you know why we need it.
- Only ask for what we need.
- Protect it and ensure no-one else can access it who should not be able to.
- Make sure we do not store it longer than necessary.
- Only share it with other companies when the law permits this.
- Never make your personal information available for third party use without your consent.
How we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make – if we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we’ll be unable to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For instance, your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product; and we may retain these for a certain period afterwards to fulfil any contractual requirements, such as refunds.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Managing the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to notify you of any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you. This is based on our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our interests in providing the best service for you.
- With your permission, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web and telephone about relevant products and services.
- To administer any of our competitions you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services (these will not contain any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email). We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service, such as delivery couriers. We do so to maintain our appointment with you; without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
When we will share your data
We will occasionally share data with third parties to help us provide a better service to you or for the need to complete a contract/order. For example, delivery couriers, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass your details to other websites.
Examples of the type of third parties we work with:
- IT organisations who support our website and other business functions.
- Operational companies, such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who assist us in managing our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that may interest you while you’re browsing (this depends on your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites).
- Data insight organisations to ensure your details are accurate and up to date.
How long will we keep your personal data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period your data will be deleted.
Understand your rights
Name: Rod Buckley
Company: Forgeway Ltd
Address: Collett Way, Newton Abbot, Devon
Postcode: TQ12 4PH
Tel: 01626 367070
Forgeway Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number: ZA 054919
Presentation: Introducing our capabilities and team – important chemistry.
Consultation: If we had a magic wand, what problem would you like us to solve?
Auditing: A deep dive into operation and plant processes to identify issues and causes.
Testing: Substrates and panels etc back to our lab for adhesive and application testing.
Analysis: Processing our findings from audits and testing.
Prototyping: Working with our client on initial solutions, joint design etc.
Trialling: Thorough testing of concepts on client products in real life application scenarios.
Proving: Ironing out teething problems and streamlining processes to ensure efficacy.
On-boarding: Customer services team take over the day-to day care of client needs.