Cyanoacrylate adhesives are more commonly known as super glues/instant glues. They are single component, solvent free products which cure quickly when confined between two surfaces at room temperature.
- Instant bonding
- Curing at room temperature
- One component, catalyst free
- High bonding strength
- High electric insulation capacity
- High chemical resistance
- Requires small volumes
- Low heat resistance
- Low impact resistance
- Low elasticity
- Only applicable in small applications
- Unsuitable for bonding large surface areas
- Irritating odour and causes blooming
- Care required when handling due to adhesive bonding well with skin
- Requires caution in storage
Where can they be seen?
Click here to find more information on various adhesives.
Like what you see? Click here to request blog notifications!